ideal isar he24 boiler H3 ERROR CODE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

About two years ago, I changed my boiler to an Ideal Isar HE24. Recently, I noticed that an error message popped up on display. H3.

Sometimes the heating starts, then it stops. Same with the hot water. Its got a mind of its own now. I have checked the net and noticed that its due to a thermister fault.

How easy is it to change the thermister? Also, I opened the front panel etc and couldnt seem to find the thermister.... any suggestions would be greatly apopreciated.

Sponsored Links
Reasonably easy job, not simple though.

Thermistor is in a wet pocket under boiler behind the pump, RH corner of the plate HE connecting block.

Take off front panel then bottom panel. You will then need to take of metal strip that runs along bottom of hydroblock.
The thermistor sits on the right below pump and has 2 wires usually blue or black coming from it and is held in with a metal pin.
First and most important turn off water supply (cold mains inlet valve) to boiler then open tap(water should stop).
Then turn off power to boiler disconnect stat and remove pin from the side and pull stat down and out of boiler replace new start in same way with a little silicon grease on the washer!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back