Anybody tell me what this is from EOB5630 electric fan oven?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anybody tell me what this is from Electrolux EOB5630 electric fan oven and how to replace it?
Also where the white wire should go?

EOB5630.jpg

Thanks in advance[/url]

Sponsored Links
That is a thermal switch which brings the cooling fan on a few minutes after switching on oven/grill.Without it the oven will overheat and switch itself off.

Thanks assuhors

Do you know the best place to get one for my oven and would I need a special tool (i.e. crimping) to fit?

Cheers

You don't need any special tools as the upgraded replacement comes with the wires attached.Try Partsmaster or Electrolux Spares.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again assuhors

I'll have a shop around and let you know how I get on.

Cheers for your advice and quick replies.

Just an update:

Ordered a new thermal cut out from parts master for £37 including next delivery and as assuhors so rightly stated it comes with cables and 'push ons' connected so a simple case of pulling off the old one and replacing with the new one (remembering where the cables came from and colours go on the correct connection).

This seems to be a common problem with these cookers but it's an easy fix.

Thanks to assuhors for his help

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back