Kitchen door options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had a new kitchen fitted & unfortunatly due to unforseen problems we have ended up having to put our large fridge behind the kitchen door. This door opens into the kitchen & means if we are using the fridge, the kitchen door has to be shut first. Also I'm scared of being hit by the door if I'm behind it.

As we are looking to change all our internal doors what could you suggest we change this door to?

The door opens into the kitchen & there are 2 other doors in the hallway on opposite walls that led to the living room & understair storage.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

View media item 8096 View media item 8097

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
sorry for late response.
i don't see how a doorstop would help? hanging the door on th other side would lead to clashes with the other 2 doors. a bi-fold door might improve the situation but would still swing into the room, only half as much.
personally i would remove the door altogether.
however if that's not for you, then a sliding door could be an option. you would need to make space for it by moving the fridge a little further away from the wall. or on the opposite side - i can't see if there's a wall there or not.
you can even get sliding doors that slide into the partition wall but i imagine it would be very difficult to retro fit one of these into your house.
it looks like your fridge door hinge is on the right. changing the hinge this to the left may help slightly as the doors would then work together instead of potentially smashing the edge of the fridge door when the kitchen door is opened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back