Valliant Boiler has small leak, Pilot light keeps going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i see you have a helpful community here so thought i would ask you lot

I know their are many posts about these boilers yet i couldn't find one that related to my problem so here we go :)

We have a Valliant Combi Boiler and we have had no hot water or heating all day on the coldest day of the year so far :(... (its been snowing)
Well we had a look at our boiler and their is a small leak where the Ignition electrode is, therefore it is probably stopping the flame from lighting leading to cold water being pumped round the house

Any help on what to do?... should we unscrew the ingnition electrode and allow the water out because i think the flame may be drowned?

Thanks for any help :(

Sponsored Links
Its quite possible that the wind is blowing directly at your flue terminal, and thus ingressing snow which is melting ang showing at the bottom of the combustion chamber. Have you tried to reignite the pilot.
As for your idea towards repair, dont know as above may be wrong, you might have a leak from the HEx.

Thanks for your reply

Yh i think snow settled on the top of the chimney pipe for the boiler then melting from the steam/smoke and dripping in to the boiler leading to the flame to choke...

I decided to unscrew abit of the ignition Cathode panel and water started to leak everywhere. so left that open for abit dried it up closed it up again and turned the boiler on.... well its working now :)... but i think their is still alot of water in it. and im worried that CO (carbon monoxide) may leak from the boiler

What do you think i should do? get the boiler serviced or open the panel again and let more water out if their is a build up again

Thanks for any help much appreciated by the way what is the HEX

Call a gas installer asap.
HEX = Heat Exchanger = new boiler if dud.

Sponsored Links
im guessing what i have done is serious :( ... ive left a monoxide tester next to my boiler so if anything leaks an alarm will sound

I have been trying to get som1 in all day as it is under warrenty... but when ever i ring they say they have no record of us :S

so their will b plenty of phone calls for us 2moro

im guessing what i have done is serious :( ... ive left a monoxide tester next to my boiler so if anything leaks an alarm will sound

I have been trying to get som1 in all day as it is under warrenty... but when ever i ring they say they have no record of us :S

so their will b plenty of phone calls for us 2moro

when was the boiler installed. have ypu got all the paperwork signed by the installer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back