Beko fridge/freezer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help - I have a standard run-of-the-mill Beko fridge freezer. The freezer keeps defrosting and then freezing again. I suspect it could be the thermostat but not sure.

I looked behind and the components seem very simple - ie a compressor, a separate grey thing that looks like some sort of capacitor and an attachment to the compressor, I assume holding the controls and electics.

Do I need to get a new thermostat and where can I get this from online?

PS - By the way, when I turn the thermostat knob hard over and almost force it past the highest number, it restarts

Cheers

Sponsored Links
is it frost free or normal!!!

is it in a room constantly abouve 15 or a room/area constantly below 8%!!!

Hiya

I think it is supposed to be frost free but doesn't have any internal fans or anything.

I would say that it can be below 8 degrees at the moment coz we don't have the heating on at all during the day.

Cheers

the only reason i asked is because older machines work purely by the thermostat in the fridge and as long as the fridge is around 3 to 6 degrees [dependant on settings] the compressor wont cool

so if the room temperature is at say 5 degrees for 6 hours it wont cool and the freezer will thaw out

if the room temperature is only just above at say 10 degrees the fridge will need little cooling so the compressor will cut in infrequently so wont freeze the freezer

the room temperature needs to be constantly above around 15 degrees to keep the freezer frozen

Sponsored Links
Gosh.... that is interesting. The fridge is only about 2 years old so thyis must be what is causing it to defrost.

I will try keeping the room temperarture up and see what happens.

The intersting thing though is I have two smaller freezers, one LG and the other Zanussi and they seem to be fine. They are older and must assume that they run on internal thermostat?

Thanks for all your advice!

wont effect a fridge or freezer as you only have one section to keep cold to its own requirements

thats why most combined fridge/freezers have a reduced star markings [storage time]for the freezer section because the freezer isnt kept at a constant -21 degrees it fluctuates anywhere between around 0 and -25 degrees

in hot weather the freezer will be coldest as the fridge demands greatest cooling due to the heat

apparently frost free have a different set up where the fridge and freezer have there own cooling controls :rolleyes: ;)

Thanks Big-all

You have been a great help! I also found out that older fridge/freezers would have CFC gas which is more stable than the gas used in modern fridges which as you say are unstable in less than 10 degs.

I will be getting a seoarate fridge and freezer I think to make sure this does not keep happening!

Thanks again... :)

Could be a problem with defrost had to keep doing mine with a hairdryer every couple of weeks there was so much ice not much good when you have a fridge full of food until beko finally sent these people out agsrefrigeration to fix the problem.

Steer clear of a company called agsrefrigeration, they have some very shady practices.

For example, I wouldn't trust anyone who made multiple posts on DIY and consumer websites, using numerous false names, dishonestly pretending to be satisfied customers.

Would you?

Do your own search on agsrefrigeration and make up your own mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back