Programmable Room Thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in midst of installing a new central heating system. It will be the underfloor variety downstairs from Polypipe with radiators upstairs. What is the best programmable room thermostat to control the upstairs heating

Sponsored Links
The Honeywell CM series is usually regarded as the best all rounder, being the easiest to set up and use.

definately honeywell. Avoid Salus like the plague!

Sponsored Links
honeywell cmt 927 or siemens rev24rf

i love the siemens but.....

for the price i want the touch screen models to be in the wireless format!

I mentioned this to the rep but there was nothing in the pipeline for that apparently? If you are spending that on a stat then the more gadgets the better!!

touchscreen?
admittedly i have not tried touching the screen as all i needed to do was done with the slide, the round button and the 4 buttons on the right side.
the model i referred to is REV24RF../SET.
did one where rx/tx are across the house and boiler is in the loft; full signal.
they even have a signal strength indicator so IF there is something not working correctly, one look and you know if that is the problem.
far more sophisticated than the honeywell, more accurate and i get them for under £100 including the vat.
plug and play, no messing around with bonding, 5 pre-programs; i love 'em

touchscreen?
admittedly i have not tried touching the screen as all i needed to do was done with the slide, the round button and the 4 buttons on the right side.
the model i referred to is REV24RF../SET.
did one where rx/tx are across the house and boiler is in the loft; full signal.
they even have a signal strength indicator so IF there is something not working correctly, one look and you know if that is the problem.
far more sophisticated than the honeywell, more accurate and i get them for under £100 including the vat.
plug and play, no messing around with bonding, 5 pre-programs; i love 'em

I have not seen these but if they are anything like some of the other siemens products I've come accross (motorised valves and clocks) then they won't last very long. Honeywell make quality that lasts all accross the range.

ah, that's why.
i can't be bothered with wired roomstats anymore; too much hassle.

Myself neither thats why i had a word with the rep to see if they were planning on combining the two.

Seems not though from what i could gather but it would definately be a good step forward if they did.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back