Superswitch immersion heater timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone that can help,

Recently had an enormous electric bill in my new but cranky house and found that I think overuse of my immersion heater may have contributed. However I discovered that there is a timer in the cupboard called 'superswitch immersion heater timer' but when I fiddled with it earlier to set it, it has changed something and now there is no hot water like there was before. Is there anywhere I can get instructions on how to use it, I have looked all over the net but with no luck. There is a dial with the hours on it and little flick up or down switches for each 15 mins or could be half hour, can't remember. All I need to know is how to set the dam timer!!! PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?! Thanks so much if you can.
Nat

Sponsored Links
just set it on constant
your cylinder should stay warm for 24 hours once it is at the right temp, so a timer will not save you that much.
chances are cylinder is old and not well insulated.
apart from that, fuel prices have doubled over the past year, and electric heating is about 4 times as expensive as gas.

pushing the tabs in means the heater will be on at that time I expect.

Is there a light on it to indicate ON ?
If so carefully rotate it clockwise to check this. Then set the dial to the correct current time.

If your on economy7 make sure the heater comes on at 6am

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back