Sime (not so) Super 90 Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am the unlucky owner of a Super 90 boiler which has given me all manner of headaches. We have recently had the TRV's changed on the radiators and now our boiler seems to be making a loud humming noise when the hot water is on. The flame looks fine and is blue and it sounds fine when the heating is on only but as soon as the hot water goes on it is really noisy. I dont really want to pay a call out charge for a plumber if it is something easy to fix. Is it the fan or the pump and will my boiler blow up if its not fixed asap. I have checked the pressure and its at 1.5. I really dont know what it could be, HELP!

Sponsored Links
Well, I dont know either without seeing the system.

Its possible fitting the TRVs disturbed dirt in the system.

Presumably the TRVs were fitted by a plumber rather than a heating engineer who would have been able to identify the problem.

Tony

Im not sure if you would call it a whistle or a hum, or somewhere inbetween. Im imagining there is some air in the system but i havent a clue. We had it serviced about 4 months ago by a Corgi registered engineer and he identified some problems including a sticky diverter valve and a slight leak near the fan but was unable to do anything about them as he said the boiler was in an akward position and he was unable to get to the joint with a wrench.

Sponsored Links
We had it serviced about 4 months ago by a Corgi registered engineer and he identified some problems including a sticky diverter valve and a slight leak near the fan but was unable to do anything about them as he said the boiler was in an akward position and he was unable to get to the joint with a wrench.

Only you know where the boiler has been installed but usually the cause of restricted access is because kitchen cupboards have been fitted around it !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back