Leaking gully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a conservatory with a polycarbonate roof. It's about 35ft wide, and there's a 6" wide gully where the conservatory meets the house wall. The gully's made of ply, coated with some kind of silver/grey waterproofing. I moved into the house in late June and it's been fine until about a week ago, when the gully started to leak in 3 places. It needs re-waterproofing, and I'd like some help from anyone who knows the best product to use. I'll need something that's pretty flexible, as the roof structure is all timber and moves a fair bit with temperature.

Sponsored Links
Thanks alastairreid, that could be the answer. The Acrypol + looks like the stuff that's on there already. However, the website does say that it's not designed to be applied to timber. Have you used it on wooden surfaces? As I said, the gully's only 6-8" wide, so maybe it'll be OK. What do you think?

ian,
i dont think the box gutter will be bare plywood with a resin coating, it would have leaked long before now.

Sponsored Links
I agree with alastairried.

This product is easy to use for a DIYer, and remember you already have a coating on and will not be applying direct to the timber decking.

You can reinforce Acrypol/ Cromapol waterproofer with chopped strand mat this will make a seamless liner, the matt can be bought for about £2.00 M2 you will use approx 1-2 lts M2 This is what Acrypol contract division use can be purchased from CFS supplies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back