Planning consent and time before starting work.??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Good evening,
In March 06 I was given planning permission to build two bedrooms in my loft space .At the time I was knocking dining room into kitchen area to make one room and a Rsj was put in where the wall was taken down between the two rooms .This was all on the plans I had drawn up .Inspector came out to view the Rsj and all was Ok .I paid a fee at this time after his visit ,which I think he said was for all his following visits inc the bedroom inspections upstairs.As far as I am aware there were no other fees .
I finished the kitchen and never got round to doing the upstairs bedrooms in the loft area ,although I levelled the floor which was previously a sloping roof on a bungalow.(had previously been extended into a pitched roof by previous owner ).
My question is have I left to long to now start the bedrooms,and will I have to pay more fees etc ?
The original drawing basically show a bungalow being turned into normal two storey house,by means of raising roof up and walls and reducing the pitch .
I have also now thought I would prefer large dormers front and rear ,thus keeping it a bungalow albeit a dormer bungalow .Would I have to have new drawings submitted and approved ?? i am thinking I will .
Any help appreciated .
Thankyou .
Rob.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back