Problem with Vokera Compact boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been having trouble with our Vokera Compact boiler, when the C/H side is set at 1.5 bar it works ok when running, but when it is off overnight the pressure drops below .5 and needs filling back to 1.5 bar again. I've checked all the C/H system (even under the floor) and found no leaks, i've even used Fernox leak sealer (twice) to find any small leaks but it still drops. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Malio.

Sponsored Links
does your pressure rise a great deal when the ch is on, this would point towards your expansion vessel.
however if this is not happening it could probably be your pressure release valve passing water, check outside on blow off pipe coming through wall

Thanks for your reply. It is not passing water through the pressure release valve, I wonderd if the pressure chamber balloon needed pumping up, can this be done with a cycle type pump? Regards Malio

yes it can, before u start push schraeder valveto see if any air coming out, if only water coming outexp vessel gubbed and will need replaced.
Remember a faulty exp vessel would cause your pressure to rise to around 3 bar with ch on

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, Is the schraeder valve the one on top of the expansion vessel where you pump up the balloon, also the boiler usually stays at 1.5 bar and only rises slightly after filling when cold in the morning. Regards Malio

don't forget you will need to deprurize the boiler before you can repesurize the vessel and leave the prv in an open position then it needs charging to around 0.7 to 1 bar

Thanks Gasmick2, Will try that later and let you know later. Thanks again to all. Malio.

Hi agian, Sorry it's been a while, i've managed to re-pressurize the balloon in the vessal and it seems to have done the job. Thanks again to everyone who helped, I really appreciate it. Many thanks, Malio

Hi Malio, I'm in Leeds as well with the same problem as you. I think.
My boiler is losing pressure but with no visible water leak. Did you fix yours?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back