ideal isar he35 d.h.w. probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
can anyone help with my problem!when turning hot water tap on,d is displayed and boiler fires up (light on ),water starts to come out hot then boiler shuts down (water cools down) d still displayed 10/20 secs later boiler fires up e.t.c. can fill a bowl for washing up but bath ends up luke warm. i have changed d.h.w. thermistor but it has made no difference. bolier is 4 years old and i have not had any problems untill now.any advice will be much appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks for the prompt reply dan,
i am assuming the diverter valve is working as i am getting some hot water and i can see the valve moving.is there a refurb kit available for these heat exchangers as i don't want to remove and clean only to find that i can no longer get the unit to seal again,or should i bite the bullet and buy a new heat exchanger (any one know of any going cheap?)
regards neilll

When system is cold turn on hot tap & feel 22mm pipes on lhs of boiler if they get hot your diverter valve is passing. Make sure you get the correct cartridge ie honeywell (which fits a lot of boilers) if it is a red actuator you will need the unique ideal cartridge (VF)

Sponsored Links
check 22mm flow pipe when running tap,if's getting warm,remove diverter head push pin in a few times,put diverter head back on head try hot water again,if not hot water replace diverter manifold,if still not hot unblock the PLATE HEAT EX,don't confuse this with the heat ex.

thanks for your reply guys, yes it looks like the diverter valve. i will replace tomorrow and let you know the outcome. i managed to get a complete unit (diverter valve,plate heat exchanger and pump ) brand new off e-bay for the grand sum of £73 + p&p so i should have some spares for the future whatever the outcome.

divertor won't cause it to go on and off as that is the state overheating as heat transfer in plate nottaking place. The divertor valve prob will allow the heat out into rads so boiler should stay on longer. Take flow and return temps on hw to test this. Also make sure you have right hydroblock as thereafe several types that are not interchangeable

there is also a problem with the fans on these boilers. when it is required to spin faster to produce hot water it slips or moves closer to the fan casing. This then causes it to cut out and then restart again.

there is also a problem with the fans on these boilers. when it is required to spin faster to produce hot water it slips or moves closer to the fan casing. This then causes it to cut out and then restart again.
Never ever ever heard of this. And it would give an LF.( not LF) Error Fault code if flame goes out due to fan stoppage.

it only goes to LF if the fan speed is reduced enough or stopped.

The fault with the fans seems to only affect boilers from oct 06 onwards. Been told their were a batch of poor fans fitted only affects 35kw models. about 5000 fans. I have had 7 changed since beginning of dec08. luckily all boilers were still in warranty.

it only goes to LF if the fan speed is reduced enough or stopped.

The fault with the fans seems to only affect boilers from oct 06 onwards. Been told their were a batch of poor fans fitted only affects 35kw models. about 5000 fans. I have had 7 changed since beginning of dec08. luckily all boilers were still in warranty.
Again sorry that is complete mince we have had no tech bulletins for this ( I work as senior engineer for Scotland for ideal). You can get an of if gas valve out of cal when the boiler goes to low fire. Nothing to do with fan. In fact I've only changed about 7 fans in last 4 years in total!!!!

thanks for your reply guys, yes it looks like the diverter valve. i will replace tomorrow and let you know the outcome. i managed to get a complete unit (diverter valve,plate heat exchanger and pump ) brand new off e-bay for the grand sum of £73 + p&p so i should have some spares for the future whatever the outcome.

You will need them. :LOL:

FFS gies peace

FFS gies peace

You wont get any working for ideal :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back