Can I get this UPVC door to fit??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am considering buying an unused UPVC front door off ebay which is still in its packaging...

My question is if the doors (and frame) measurements are correct which are 930mm x 2100mm of said door, will it fit or can I make it fit into my existing brickwork which measures 935mm x 2090mm.....

I currently have a wooden frame which has rotted and hardwood door and they both desperately need replacing...And as you can tell I would like to have a go myself, just need some guidance..

So I suppose Im asking can this small amount be taken off the height to make it fit....

Any help would be appreciated... (If pics would help I could post them)

Sponsored Links
You need to measure from brick to brick in three places for the width and height, select the smallest dimension in each case, then deduct 10mm from that, to give the size of the door frame.

You will be able to shave a small amount of the edges of the PVC frame, but not enough to make it fit. You can only contemplate fitting the door you have in mind if you're prepared to cut back the brickwork to enlarge the opening.

remember to include your cill size in your overall height if you havent already done so.

View media item 8496

As you can see that my door has a built in concrete cill, so i presume if they are advertiseing the height at 2100mm and there is a cill included, i could disregard 30mm or so, so it should fit....!!! or is that wishful thinking??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i think you should check with who you are buying your door from if the overall height is inclusive of cill.

the front door you have at the moment looks great...........far better than any upvc doors imo. is it rotten? or just the standards.

imo it looks great too, but the problem is the the bottom of the frames are completely rotten, also when the door meets the frame at the bottom there is a huge gap, and for some reason its becoming increasingly difficult to open and close the door!!!! :( :(

So i thought i might as well put in a upvc door, oh and all the other houses round here have them (so the misses keeps tellin me... :LOL:)

Renew the frame and keep your "far nicer than plastic" door! :D

I think it is not a easy thing. you would better to ask the doors manufacturer to meansure the size,then he will make a best fit doors for you. it is the best. of course, it maybe cost you some money, but it is the best safe. :)

ermmmm!! ok thanks, but im wondering did you post that after 8 or 9 beers.... :LOL: :LOL:

Right guys, I have confrimed that this door is 30mm less than 2100mm stated as I won't be using the cill so now I am 20mm is that ok now, will i be able to make up the difference??

yes that will slot in just fine, its easier to make good any shortfalls than hacking out the brickwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back