Hotpoint Aquarius WD420 Error Code?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unloaded the machine this morning to find fairly wet washing (but not dripping) faint smell of detergent and the on/off light flashing rapidly along with Time Saver light flashing slowly?

It was on an E cycle (fast wash). I did an empty B cycle (95dg) the day before to keep the machine smelling sweet, its only the second time its been used, first time being when it was brand new nearly two years ago and we followed the first use instructions!

I'll try the basics like clearing the filter this afternoon, but if anyone can let me know what the error is that would be great!

Thanks

P.S Anyone know of a list of error codes online? The all-seeing Google doesn't know of any.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link.

Typically, my error is the only one I don't understand...any ideas?

f01 light 4, motor triac

Triac? Dead, foobard, knackered I understand, but Triac?!

Sponsored Links
Well, recon board is top of the list at the moment, but I just turned machine off/on, and it completed a rinse/spin cycle on the washing.

Fingers crossed it was a blip and it'll do a proper wash without throwing a wobbly.

Girlfriend has been told no more horse rugs, (they are too big and come out still covered in hair still anyway) they can go down the laundrette from now on!

Are you any good with a soldering iron? It sounds like it may be just a dry joint on the back of the pcb.

I've done soldering before...is there a particular weak spot that I need to look for?

Look at all the large terminals on the back of the board for signs of heating or looseness if you cannot identify the triac( usually a 3 legged component about the size of your thumbnail fixed to a heat sink) then run your iron over them all to remake the connections.

When mc switched on High Dry Heat (1) and Reduced Creases (2) light stay on and On/Off light flashes. From Rock1s error code list this looks like a light 1 and 2 so an F12 fault or communication error. How do I resolve this?

Unplug and make sure connections on PCB are tight. If all ok then pcb needed

All fitting on pcb tight, when remove though some components 'fried', two areas on board blackened. Before I buy and a new board any idea of the likely course?? Don't want to fit another only for it to go the same way.

Read the rest of the post at the top and send to emw they will test it and send you a recon pcb and tell you if you need to replace and thing else.

I was just googling for this fault code, started reading this thread and after a minute suddenly realised it was me!

Well, the machine has been fine since, only time it broke was when I used handwash powder by mistake and it bubbled up the pressure switch tube and blocked it so the machine wouldn't stop filling.

Anyway, I was over-ruled on the horse rugs. Yesterday I took some out, the machine smelt a bit and had hair in it so did a 95 degree wash to give it a good clean. Only the second time its done a 95 degree wash...

Anyway, its all good, do a normal 40 degree fast wash afterward. Today, it stops late into a wash with the Time Saver light flashing. The clothes were rinsed but the fabric conditioner compartment was full so it stopped at this point.

We've turned it back and and fingers crossed it carries on and it just doesn't like 95 degree washes :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back