drainige pipe adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a drain pipe i need to extend /alter, as i have just found out it is a thick walled vitrified clay pipe, i have got the pipe out to the nearest coupling on an elbow, and now i have a dilemma, i cannot get the coupling out, nor can i now get pipe to fit in it as it is apparently no longer made, so i have a socket the size of the old pipe and some new pipe which will not fit anywhere near to the old pipe size.I am looking for an adaptor to convert thick walled pipe to thin walled pipe without having to remove the existing coupling, so it needs a spigot on one end and a socket on the other end, i am having a real problem finding anywhere to buy l one, i can find socket-socket which will do clay to pvc , but as i already have a socket and no pipe to join them i am stuffed, any ideas???
Nick

Sponsored Links
i doubt it, all you will see is the inside of a hepsleve coupling,buried 12 inches down in concrete , my description above is pretty accurate i thought. the old pipe is thick walled clay, my new pipe is thin walled as they do not seem to make thick walled any more so i have a socket exposed and need an adaptor with a spigot to fit this socket which will then have the smaller socket to take the new pipe, removal of the existing coupler to replace with an external adaptor is not an option as i cannot dig the concrete out .

Nick

Sponsored Links
Hi dan the ODis approx 135mm but i cannot get to the end of the pipe without removing 12 nches of concrete, i have smashed the old cracked pipe out bck to the coupler but as it was set in concrete i cannot remove it to access the spigot .

Nick

Hi again dan, it is vertical and approx 100mm internal, i know it is hepleve pipe , it just seems really odd that they do not make an adaptor to slip into the coupler to convert to new size clay, i have got a new plastic supersleve coupler and adaptor for the other end which converts from clay to plastic inside the coupler its the other end thats the problem will try posting a pic tomorrow

Nick

Have you looked at Hepworth's site? The clayware range contains various adaptors, one of which may suit your needs. I used part SA2/1 which fitted in the salt glazed socket, and takes you to 100mm supersleve, then a SA9 on that to 110mm plastic, when replacing a broken root infested section from a stack to the drain recently.

Alternatively part S/S464 which should fit inside the existing pipe to take you to 100mm supersleve. Equivalent available for salt glazed to 110mm plastic, not sure of manufacturer or part number on those, have a couple somewhere but cant put my hand on them at the moment...

Edit: I think you've already spotted one on Seco's posting regarding replacing a stack.... McAlpine fitting.

Thanks for that i had a look at their site and came up with the same part numbers, just emailed them to confirm which if any will do the job for my situation

Thanks again

Nick

Thanks for that. Now, I've got this scouse mate who's wondering what to do about replacing a cast iron soil stack that's embedded in concrete .... ;)

unless you get a adaptor as you said you have emailed them i think its a case of removing the connector and fit one thats going to match both old/new pipes.

Can you not get the pipe in situ and cast waterproof concrete around it? I'm off now before the boys have a field day picking this suggestion apart :cry: :p :evil:

Hi again, well what awek that has been, as i am working in a prison no contact withe the outside world. My emails to hepworth bounce, tried emailing wavin asn they now own them, and got the part number to an osma adaptor which is not for my pipe , get back to them and tell them its clay pipes i need help with, get another email from them saying they will get their technical man to ring me, he rings me and suggests the part number above, s464 , but no good as io want to keep clay uoto floor level then convert to plastic above. He got back to me yesterday with another part number which i queried as it was not suitable for my situation and finally get a product number fro another manafacturer , but cannot bloody find it anywhere now , not even on the net ???? the product he gave me was

a Naylors DENLINK, code no. 15005.

Anyone got a clue where i can get this from next week??? i will try to email naylors on mon but would love to know if it actually exists. He told me it is like a stepped hosetail and you cut off the part to cater for hepsleve to either supersleve or 110mm plastic.

Any ideas appreciated

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back