What's the point - Isar vs. Esprit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking at the exploded diagram of an Esprit and wondering what the point is.

2" or so installation height?

The combustion ("heat engine") is the same. The difference appears to be that they have bolted the a7se end of Microgenus onto the bottom instead of the usual Isar sh1te.

Lazy, lazy design. At this rate they are going to be in as much trouble as Baxi.

Sponsored Links
Think you've answered your own question Dan. Flexicom/Hxi? BG/Hxi? C1/Cxi. At least Baxi did Barcelona and tried Performa eh.

i dread the day i see one of these abortions.

the local ideal rep tried, and failed, to convince me that the esprit was combining the most reliable parts of two boilers into one great boiler.

it was many days before i was finally let out of hospital due to the terrible cramps in my stomach from for laughing so long.

Sponsored Links
I've told my rep that it's nothing personal, but I will never fit an Isar, Icos, Esprit as long as I have a hole in my ar*e :eek: :LOL:

Shame because he is a good bloke really ;)

the esprit is very good,the new isar isn't this was made for bg,ideal wouldn't put a bg sticker on it so bg pulled out,pump on new isar is b******s.

The pump on the new isar is a grundfos. Much better than the CP carp that was on the old ones.

the esprit is very good,the new isar isn't this was made for bg,.

But this is my point - the combustion side of the boiler is the same - Ideal have (which is not a bad idea if properly implemented) gone to a standard heat engine set up.

Otherwise it is low budget bottom end that (as we have seen in recent posts) is not very sturdy.

Can't understand why the Espirit has a 10 year warranty on the HEX but the isar etc only has 1 year....surely is the same part :confused:

Considering we hardly have any callouts to Esprit under warranty - then its a damn good boiler!!

How long have they been in production :rolleyes:

Give it time :LOL:

Main faults have been installer issues mate - not boiler faults.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back