Interior Door Design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm a furniture design student and I'm currently investigating interior doors inview to create a stylish and innovative product to fill the niche in the retro-fit market. I'm looking to concentrate primarily on the construction and I'm finding products which will improve the heat and acoustic insulation of the cavity.

Does any one have any suggestions or any problems they have encountered with their existing interior doors/doors you have recently bought? What would you improve if you could or what impressed you? Any comments would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It's pointless trying to improve thermal properties, as rooms should be, and generally are, equal in temperature, and there is no need to insulate.

Acoustically, there may be a reason to improve this, but it will have to be done as part of a door set and not just the door - otherwise sound will get through the gaps between the door and frame.

I don't know what niche you are hoping to fill though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back