broken letterbox!

ddk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A fat fingered postman recently damaged my letterbox, the left-hand pin on the top of the 'flap' has cracked through the plastic surround/hinge. I assume I can just buy a new letterbox and slot that in, but was wondering if they are all a standard size? (its a PVC door btw). I am planning to kick the postman in the *******s when I next see him, but any advice in the meantime would be great. Cheers lads (and lad'esses)

Sponsored Links
Richard C, do you by any chance have a crystal ball i could borrow? How silly am i? of course the postman will break my letterbox...i should have seen it coming. Either you're a fat fingered postman with a penchant for breaking letterboxes or you know something i dont. what would be a 'decent' letterbox to buy?

Sponsored Links
Richard C, do you by any chance have a crystal ball i could borrow? How silly am i? of course the postman will break my letterbox...i should have seen it coming. Either you're a fat fingered postman with a penchant for breaking letterboxes or you know something i dont. what would be a 'decent' letterbox to buy?
Sarcasm hmm; no I’m not a fat fingered Postman but I did work with many postmen (they weren’t fat fingered either) in a previous life. I worked for the PO for many years & your ****e attitude just stinks. By all means kick you postman in the *******s, maybe he’ll be big enough to flatten you! Even better, I hope he doesn’t as he’ll get sacked; far better for someone in the position I held to come & see you afterwards with a police warrant & prosecute the arse off you. I take exception to your stupid comment, if you think the postman was responsible, complain but don’t come out with moron ****e like that.

73893ff025b00d3c19b305e37cb35cde.jpg

:D :D :D Play Nicely!

i will be checking the size of my postman's fingers at the soonest opportunity to avert these problems. i can't believe they have to employ freaks to do such a well rewarded and respected job.

maybe the fine upstanding small fingered upvc door fitters would come out and hand craft you a new letter box if you ask them (tip = don't threaten to kick their **** for putting a large bendy piece of plastic as your security against intruders and fat fingered postmen). maybe they could even do it in metal not plastic if they're in a good mood?

or you could even take the measurements of the one you've got, go to your local fat fingered builders merchants and see if they've got one that'll fit. if they don't it could happen they'll recommend you somewhere else that will.

A fat fingered postman recently damaged my letterbox, the left-hand pin on the top of the 'flap' has cracked through the plastic surround/hinge. I assume I can just buy a new letterbox and slot that in, but was wondering if they are all a standard size? (its a PVC door btw). I am planning to kick the postman in the **** when I next see him, but any advice in the meantime would be great. Cheers lads (and lad'esses)
I don't see why it's the postman fault :confused: It's the manufacturer of your door is at fault, you should complain to them :!: Sadly, the problem with upvc doors, they are not well made as you think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back