Swiftflow 80 - 2 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!!
If anyone can help me with the problems I have with my boiler I will very grateful. After calling out a local plumber, they won't fix it & insist that I need a new boiler - basically they won't order the parts and are looking for the easy way to make money. :confused:

The problems I have with are, 1 - tapping noise during operation. The plumber identified the part which needs replacing but I can't remember the name of it. It affects the flame size when hit straight on with a screwdriver head, this also replicates the tapping noise. This part I believe needs replacing.
2nd problem is the boiler does not always come on when programmed for central heating, sometimes its starts to light up but then goes straight off again. And then does this repeatedly until finally it stays on. I believe to fix this all is required is a new timer, but if someone could confirm this?
Thanks in advance,
hikerrobot :D

Sponsored Links
Timer has nothing to do with your second problem

WRT first problem- I would NEVER hit any part of the boiler with a screw driver.

or bigger screwdriver :LOL:
if you think the clock aint working put a link across it see if it solves the problem (wouldnt bet on it tho)

Sponsored Links
Your gas valve might e suspect. There are 2 or 3 possible types, but one of them has rrp of £360, which might discourage repairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back