privacy handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
can anyone help,
my brass georgian door handle on my bathroom when locked, does not allow door to open from inside. it will allow it to open from outside though.
it seems to get more movement on the lock. can i fix this.?

secondly, if i have to take it apart how do i get the locking piece apart? there is a thumb latch on inside and a coin slot on outside - have tried pulling and turning, help. :oops:

Sponsored Links
for a mortice lock normal method is unscrew both handles, remove the spindle, then unscrew and remove the lock. i suspect yours will be some kind of rim lock. the screws may be concealed or maybe one side it's just stuck with paint. best post a photo if you're still having trouble.

Hi,
secondly, if i have to take it apart how do i get the locking piece apart? there is a thumb latch on inside and a coin slot on outside - have tried pulling and turning, help. :oops:

there will be a grub screw located on the thumb turn side. unscrew this, et voila!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back