Dodgy Bosch dishwasher??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a Bosch dishwasher (SGS57E02G8)and I now have 2 problems. The first is that the black back gets really hot so much so that it is melting and bits of black residue are coming off onto the electrical cord and inlet hose - and the back itself is moulding due to the heat. Is this normal??!! Also it is fitted 2 cupboards away and at right angles to the sink. The inlet hose attaches to the back bottom right and this makes the hose have to come out to the left then turn back on itself before reaching the sink. Because of this the inlet pipe is leaking where it attaches to the dishwasher (possibly because I can only find 2.5m hose and it is stressed). Would putting PFTE tape on the dishwasher connection thread do any good and stop the leak? Or are there any better suggestion out there?! :eek:

Sponsored Links
My advice would be to stop using the dishwasher now. then get the company who supplied it to sort it out. NO appliance should have melting parts dripping everywhere. :eek:

Salem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back