Drain cover - four doors away?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

I live in the last house of a row of four terraced houses that share a drain down to the main drain in the road, ie. we're furthest from the road.

The only manhole cover I can find is in the front garden of the first house, ie. the one nearest the road.

Would that be normal, for that to be the only access place? Will a drain bloke be able to sort my blockage up this end from there?

Thanks very much for any advice.

Sponsored Links
If this is an old Victorian ( or older ) terrace then thats quite common.

A drainage expert could sort it out from there.

However, its quite likely to be covered at no cost to your under the 1931 Public Health Acts. Your local water Authority can advise.

Certainly where its shared between two old properties it is but I am not certain when its your sole use part. perhaps someone else on here will know.

Tony

Tony

Thanks. The houses are only about ten years old. The homeowners are responsible until the drains reach the road, and I think it's just my house affected as next door report no problems at all.

Sponsored Links
I am surprised if each house does not have an inspection chamber, or at the very least all of the others.

Its a favourite pastime to cover inspection chambers with garden!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back