vaillant turbomax plus 828e manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vaillant turbomax plus 828e combi and need a manual for it since the previous owners of the property didn't leave me one..

I also have a few problems with the CH and hot water that need fixing ( hence the need for a manual.. )

there is no hot water coming from the boiler since I turned the CH back on for the winter, it was working fine until then.. ( I'm assuming that it's a valve gone somewhere in the boiler.. )

I also have a leaky ball valve on a radiator pipe that needs replacing or removing..
It was there when I moved in and the reason for it is not immediately obvious to me.. it's under the radiator, about 8 inches from the TRV...
surely the valve on the other side of the rad is for balancing the flow ( it IS the last one on the circuit, and furthest from the boiler.. )
anyway, it sprung a leak some time ago from where the screw head is..
it drips but I thought I'd cured it last year..
when turned to a specific point, it stops leaking ( in the open position but slightly up from fully open, and only in one direction.. ) so I'm assuming it's worn or warped for some reason..
it started dripping again friday night for no good reason and no amount of fine tuning with a screwdriver will stop it.. so it either needs to come out or be replaced like for like.. ( I vote the first to prevent a repeat performance.. )

if there's another suggestion to stop the leaking valve then lets have it by all means..
I've thought about trying to drip superglue onto it to "seal" the gap round the screw..

anyway, it's replacement ( and possible replacement of the divertor valve / heat exchanger / whatever is needed to fix the hot water ) will require the draining of the rads and subsequent refilling ( or topping up since the pipes all go upwards and would only drain the legs the boiler ad rad is on. ).
it's this that I need the manual for, I've no ldea how to do it..

Sponsored Links
Ah, I see, it's the same on this forum as it is on the electrical one..

if you think that the person asking the question hasn't got a clue, then you tell them to call in a professional and stop faffing about..

it's a simple question I asked, ( allbeit a long winded one ), where can I get a copy of the manual for my boiler so that I an see where to attatch the filling loop to refill my radiators..

I doubt that a course would be as specific as training me on my model of boiler would it?

as it happens I'm an eletrician for a company who's many products include boiler houses and combination generation/heating/cooling units..
the average boiler that I see is about the size of a smart car, but we've wired ones that are closer to transit vans..
they tend to have 4-6inch pipes and circulating pumps the size of dustbins..
so forgive me if I'm not certain where to connect the filling loop on a boiler the size of a small suitcase..

Sponsored Links
superb that man, and many thanks..

it looks like I don't need to buy a seperate filling loop then since it's built into the unit.. which is why I couldn't see where one would attatch to...

ta...

my pressure dial also reads as 0 bar preasure.. ( needle is on the stop, not even registering at all..) I take it that this is stuffed also..?

at this point it might be easier to call in a vaillant engineer to service the thing and do the faults for me?

I know it's a forum rule but what's a ballpark figure for a service, div valve ( if it turns out to be that ) and a pressure guage?
£300?
£400?
more??? :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back