Filling UPVC holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I have not started on fitting my blinds to the UPVC windows, so was interested to read all the responses about no-more-nails.

However, for holes drilled in UPVC (just out of interest) what would be the best filler to use for unwanted holes?

Can they be filled?

Can you use self tapping screws?

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Can they be filled?

Any hole can be filled - depends on what sort of finish you're looking for (sorry about that). You can get some very fine filler paste for repairing white fibre glass that may do the job. Here's the site http://www.riverswayleisure.co.uk/. Search for Gelcoat Filler. You might be able to get it cheaper elsewhere.

Can you use self tapping screws?

Yes. I put up blinds in my conservatory - they're still up there after seven years so I must have done something right. :D

Depends how bad & where the extra holes are, just putting a nice screw in COULD look ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back