Blocking up tile vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 tile vents in the loft area. Its only used to store stuff and the floor has been isulated with rockwool and boarded in some areas.

Ive now attached the bathroom extrator fan to 1 vent which leaves 2 open.

After talking to my friend over the weekend he said that the vents are only needed if there is someone living in the loft space.

Questions is can i simply block these up? It gets very cold up there and im sure it cant help with the temperatures on the lower levels

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The roof space is ventilated to help prevent condensation in there. The water vapour comes up from the house.

the loft space is supposed to be cold............it means your insulation is doing its job.

After talking to my friend over the weekend he said that the vents are only needed if there is someone living in the loft space.

did you not think it strange that several million houses have been built with unnesesery vents in the roof :D :D

just mention that anyone silly enough to block up air vents had better check all the roof timbers for rot ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back