extension

Just cos they object doesn't mean you won't get approval.

i know but i dont want to fall out with the neighbours if i did get approval, plus i doubt they would let us/builders go onto their property to build the wall again if approved.
they are retired and sepnd all their time at home

Sponsored Links
No point crying about spilt milk! Just because they'll object does not mean it would get rejected. You're unlikely to be able to extend beyond the building line of the houses in your road anyway if thats what you're intending? How do you know if you even need planning permission? Have you heard of permitted development? http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/genpub/en/1115315206517.html[/QUOTE]

i have already spoke to the council planning dept and i Do need planning permission, i am not extending beyond the the building line of houses in my cul-de-sac, next doors bungalow comes out further than my house and the extension would of been brought back about 300mm behind the front of my house

Then, if your planners offer such a service (some do some don't), you need to take a sketch to see the planners and talk it through with them and try and gauge their opinion. Of course how upset the neighbours will be and how you aproach that can only be decided by you.

Then, if your planners offer such a service (some do some don't), you need to take a sketch to see the planners and talk it through with them and try and gauge their opinion. Of course how upset the neighbours will be and how you aproach that can only be decided by you.

thankyou for your reply,
i am going to see a builder on monday and see if their are any other options available

Sponsored Links
If you do visit the planners it may be advantagous to take some photies too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back