Bad Wax Job? Advise please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know that waxing protects the paint on the car and my 10 year old Seat Cordoba had not been done for many years. Took it to a garage so it could be done properly, didn't think I had the strength to do the whole car!

Anyway when collected it looked dull, more so than it does after a normal wash. The man was trying to tell me the sun damages etc etc but told him it is parked inside all but 2 days a week - so he re-did the bonnet in front of me.

The roof looks great - very shiney and the side are not too bad - but I am concerned about the bonnet which looks like he's used Vim on it and not washed it off properly - which I know can't be but that's the best I can describe it. What can I do now to restore the shine - can anyone recommend a product? Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
mer
other brands of car polish and suppliers of mer are available

The first time you use it it will take a while, but after that just wash the car with a capfull, brilliant stuff

mer is ok but there are far superior products out there to bring the paint back,autoglym and meguiars are both very good and highly regarded in the car detailing world

Sponsored Links
Ten years old 2 days a week out in the Spanish Sun, I bet its Red. :D

Thanks for your replies guys, I'll see if the local garage (different one!) has any of your recommendations, otherwise will have to get my brother in the UK to post some over.
Car is yellow... custard yellow! Doesn't have age spots (faded out white scabby patches I see on other cars) and want to prevent this, also it is still fairly uniform in colour (unlike me, a weekend in the sun and I'm patchy with red spots!).
Just pleased no-one came back to say it sounded like it had been damaged with an abrehsive product!!!
Cheers.

If you can find a good valeter he should be able to mop the bonnet and remove 90% of those swirl marks. Then treat it to a good wax. ;)

Back