Pipe Banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a new bathroom fitted to include a bath where previously only a shower had been fitted. I noticed when running the bath that the water pressure was pathetically weak (it was never the best in the old bathroom). I turned up the pressure at the mains stop valve and this sorted out the pressure. However I now have persistent pipe banging somewhere in the system (I think it’s the rising main). I have a combi boiler - so no problem with a ball cock in the cold water tank. Is this simply a problem with an unsecured pipe? (The rising main seems well secured when it reaches the bathroom). I'm loath to start investigating whether the pipes are secured correctly as they run behind a number of kitchen units and hence it would mean dismantling the kitchen! Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
this can happen with certain taps, especially mono blocks. It is when then water is shut off quick, and the "clunk" occurs

Sponsored Links
If the noise is related to opening and closing of taps or when the washing machine stops calling for water you Could try adding a small device called a Shock Arrester, it helps to prevent water hammer.

half way down the page on this link
http://www.besltd.net/products/109.asp

Dismantled the Kitchen Units, and added some clips and the problem is solved, Cheers!

just open your cupboard door and fill it with expanding foam, cut of the excess, sure that will sort out those knocking pipes :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

was a joke, by the way incase anyone decides its a good idea :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back