Noisy combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Vokera Linea 24 combi boiler which is unfortunately installed in a cupboard in the bedroom.

Even when not in operation it comes on every so often to keep the water temp topped up I guess.

Well, recently it has started to become very noisy.
As the boiler fires up, as well as the gas whooshing noise, there is now a rattle, buzz or scraping sound which is starting to get so loud as to wake me up.

And of course I don't want the boiler to break.

Should I just get a service done on it?

Sponsored Links
I think that you might have answered your own question fella.
Call in an RGI to have it serviced ASAP to ease your concerns.

Sponsored Links
Same thing happened with Grannies turboMAX a few years ago, got it serviced and everything sorted, apparently it was over gassed because some settings fall out of adjustment over time.

Most boilers are fairly stable over a few years.

The Turbomax you mention had a design problem which was compounded because Vaillant put a lead security seal over the adjustment so that installers were discouraged from resetting the pressure.

I found one which was seriously high and told their tech help. They pretended it was the first they had heard of it. A few weeks later they issued a warning notice !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back