Brambles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Brambles and Ivy breaking through my fence from an empty house next door, I would be grateful if someone could suggest a product that I could spray on these weeds to eradicate them for good. Thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
bill - reconsider dear boy. Both these plants are great for wildlife - berries, nectar, food for insects so you'll get birds, etc. If you really don't want it on your side snip it back once a month (chuck the trimmings over the fence ... oops, sorry ... give your neighbour his stuff back :LOL: ) as spraying from your side will not work and all you'll get is brown dead stuff which you'll have to snip anyway, and it will keep coming back. The only way to to control these is to dig the roots up (so that means working on the otherside of the fence) and maybe applying a spray there. But it will grow back hence my view that you should keep it and learn to appreciate it.

Not strictly true the above. You could spray with SBK brushwood killer, it contains Glyphosate and will kill the plant down to its roots on contact with its leaves.

However, I would think your neighbour would be very unhappy to find you knocking off his shrubs!

Not strictly true the above. You could spray with SBK brushwood killer, it contains Glyphosate and will kill the plant down to its roots on contact with its leaves.

However, I would think your neighbour would be very unhappy to find you knocking off his shrubs!

Thanks toptec for your valued tip :)

Sponsored Links
Symptoms is right. Gardening by poisons is not good, and as for using brushwood killer on brambles, I tried it, the brambles are still there. So you spend money on an ineffective poison, what's the point?

There are strict rules against spraying on other peoples land if you are not certified.

and as for using brushwood killer on brambles, I tried it, the brambles are still there. So you spend money on an ineffective poison, what's the point?

Must be the climate where you are. I did it on mine in the late autumn, about 30m2 of them, and they have all gone now. I don't like chemicals but the option of digging them out was a non-starter for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back