Baxi 105e DHW small water drip from pushrod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a small water leak (Baxi Combi 105e) from where the pushrod comes out & operates the microswitch when hot water tap turned on? Baxi has said to get a 'Hot Water Kit' (part 511 1137) £13.00. How easy is it to change? From various peoples previous questions on forum it looks like this procedure.
a) Turn of cold water in.
b) Turn on hot water tap.
c) Remove microswitch.
d) Cover main PCB to stop it getting wet.
e) Remove small pipe (10mm) from top of diaphragm.
f) Undo the 6 small screws from housing & part it carefully.

As the leak is from where the pushrod comes out, is there a possible easier fix?

Paulus

Sponsored Links
You have just described diaphragm change , this will not fix your leak.

The gland nut on the front just under the microswitch needs changing some times just taking it off and reapplying silicone grease will stop it.

But its only ten minute job to change diaphragm clean and grease pins and change gland nut so do it all

Cheers Namsag

The Gland Nut is not part of the 'Water Kit' I think. So am I ok to do the 'drain' proceed a,b,c,d etc as far as covering the main PCB then unscrew the Gland Nut, clean, grease, re-install. What is behind the Gland Nut when I remove it?...spring, pushrod etc? I've been told that the diaphragm change is really fiddly & could lead to other probs after.

Many Thanks for your quick help reponse
Paulus

Nothing behind the gland nut that will pop out.
When you take front off to change diaphragm pull apart gently as spring sometimes shoots out.
Kit with gland nut is usually around 15 quid diaphragm by self is 8 so yours may have it if not get the one with the nut that way leak is definetly fixed.

Sponsored Links
If you are going to just try the clean then make sure the pin is spotless.

Most water leaks start with some lime scale deposits on the pin. Its easy to scrape off.

If you dont disassemble then you should try to pull it out but if you do that only grip it at the tip and make sure you dont scratch it.

Its so common for a slight weep at this point that I usually tell people that its not urgent as long as it does not drip to underneath the boiler. But of course in an ideal world its best to replace the gland if there is any leaking at all.

Tony

A big thank you to Namsag & Agile
I'll get the kit with the Gland Nut & do it on Sat.

Peace & Love....Paulus

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back