Worcester 24CDi - hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the temperature dial on the boiler turned up to max, but the water is only hot if I have the hot tap half open or less. If I open any more the water comes out warm at best.
I cannot fill the bath or use the tap mixer to have a shower most of the time.
Any ideas please gentlemen?

Sponsored Links
Measure the flow rate and temperature of the water going into and coming out of the boiler and tell us and we will compare it with the boiler specs.

Tony

ok thanks, not sure how to do that so I'll try to get a plumber round to have a look.
I was hoping that the symptoms may be a clear indicator for a particular fault.
The reason why I ask is, if it is another expensive repair, say heat exchanger, then whilst the boiler is not that old it has been a pain in the arse, so maybe it's time to bite the bullet and just replace it..

I was hoping that the symptoms may be a clear indicator for a particular fault.

Its not possible to use your "symptoms" to guess at the cause without the factual evidence of the temperature and flow rate.

You would not think much of your doctor if you complained of feeling hot and he didn't stick a thermometer in you. Of course most families have a thermometer so they can measure their own temperatures.

Its easy for a DIYer to measure flow rate. Not that difficult to measure temperature. If you just measured the flow rate that would help us even if the temperature was only subjective.

Also measure the flow rate when set at the temperature that you can JUST keep your hand in the water for about 10 seconds.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Could be as simple as needing a good service and the max/min and working pressures checked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back