new garage with room above

Sponsored Links
Why don't you go for attic trusses?

didnt know they did them?and never seen anything like that over here in ireland
what way would you build it,not sure i trust the way they do things over here

Sponsored Links
yeh look very good,but am in ireland mate,whole new world out here :LOL:

Slightly OT, but is it correct that there are no building regulations or suchlike approvals needed for house building/extensions in Ireland?

I seem to recall another poster from over there saying something along those lines

yeh,you dont know what to do for the best,i dont want the roof to be week

so what is the best way and right timber to use,i just looked at the plans again and its 225x50 which i think is 9.5x1.5 inch

ok guys
shall i send back the 9x2 and get a bigger timber?

and what i dont understand,if i build the floor joist into the blockwork then a block on top,then a wall plate for the rafters,now because the joist and rafters are not nailed or bolted what will stop the weight of the roof from speading?

Hi Lex ta for email; never made it in here last night...!

Are you putting any roof load on this floor, or is it just to take floor loading?

hi mate
thanks for getting back to me
i want to put a bedroom upstairs,but i had a look at a garage on sunday,same size as mine and he fitted 18 ft x 9x3,but cost £1000 :( :(

Get some I-beams made - should come to less than that, but I suppose it depends on availability over there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back