Dome Camera problems

C

cabot

Can anyone give any advice on reducing glare from infra red illuminators on a nightvision camera which gives a halo effect.

Sponsored Links
you get that if the ir leds are reflecting off something, usualy glass or plastic if the cameras are indoors (behind glass) put them outside if they are able.

if they are dome cameras can you noy adjust the angle, and or is there not an antireflective "paint" inside

Separate camera and IR, the only way to solve that problem,

No such thing as camera & IR LEDs in the one unit that work well without that problem at some time or another

No such thing as camera & IR LEDs in the one unit that work well without that problem at some time or another

sorry to dissagree, mine dont have that problem. (but they are not dome cameras)

Sponsored Links
Separate camera and IR, the only way to solve that problem,

Agreed. Assuming domes, then problem will always be there. And if external and it rains, well, all bets are off.

The camera is fitted underneath a south facing garage soffit and has 36 leds however im less than impressed as it has a high 480 tvl and was expecting better results. i have 2 other normal cameras fitted and no problems with visibility.An anti-vandal dome was chosen for this location as its fitted low down.I'm tempted to swop it however a normal camera would be only 7 feet off the ground.No problems during daylight operation.

You could try fitting a tube between camera and the glass of the dome to separate the camera's view ( through the tube ) from the glass where the IR from the LEDS is reflecting into the camera.

I was considering fitting a donut shaped piece of coloured semi transparent film over the leds to cut down on the glare

This style of LED around camera lens will always be compromised by glass in front of the lens unless the glass is almost touching the lens or other means ( the tube ) are used to prevent reflections of the LED from the glass reaching the lens.

Reading the supplier's data amused me ""36 LEDs producing an infra red wavelength up to 25 metres ""

A wavelength of 25 metres is short wave radio.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
i think they meean it lights up, up to 25 metres, it probably got lost in the translation

Solved the problem by first of all removing the camera.Affixing a wedge shaped piece of wood so that the camera sits at a 45 degree angle as oposed to sitting on a horizontal plane then reaffixing camera.It seems that the infra red LEDS were projecting over the camera lens as it is fitted with a hood an causing a halo effect.Simple but effective.I would not have had this problem, had i fitted it on a vertical surface or a normal camera but had no option due to its vulnerability to be tampered with.

if you have this problem in future you would be better of using a wedge shaped vandal proof housing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back