shed completed into a workshop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is my completed shed,made into a workshop hope this helps others with the same project in mind.
GALLERY]
GALLERY]
GALLERY]
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Well done tomhagg, I don't know how you put the shed door together but you might need a brace preventing sagging over the years.

building-a-shed-door5.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nice job, looks like a useful little workshop that.

-Dan
Yes, very nice job, just one or two minor criticisms, there does not appear to be any ventilation, also the CU should have been fitted higher up, where it is, it's in danger of being damaged by things on the bench.

But everymans shed is his castle, and I hope you spend many a happy and interesting hour in there.

Wotan

I like the TV lurking in the corner. The wife is going to get a bit suspicious when a sky dish appears on the roof.

The bench - in one picture it stops at the door opening, in another, it overhangs into the doorway? :confused:

Nice work there! I hope you live in a nice neighbourhood. I can only dream of leaving any of my tools in the garden. I was thinking of building a shiplap shed with reinforced ply but those chavs are opportunists and a wooden shed is like an open invite.

I am contemplating on building a blockwork shed over the summer...

fills up quick doesn't it!

neds - have you considered a strong box for your tools?

he's concreted behind the T+G on the inside as he put it up... and the roof is lined with paving slabs....

:D

I like the TV lurking in the corner. The wife is going to get a bit suspicious when a sky dish appears on the roof.

and the beer fridge under the bench :D ;)

yep nice job you will start introducing extra shelves everywhere as you need the space ;)

The bench - in one picture it stops at the door opening, in another, it overhangs into the doorway? :confused:
Might be a hinged top, to provide extra bench space?
Nice job nevertheless though. :LOL:

to answer your q steve yes thier is a difference in size,this is because I had to add a little onto the existing bench to accomadate my new chopper saw,and to address another comment about security the workshop is covered by security cameras,and lastely,thier is air getting into the workshop you just cannot see what ive done thier is very minute holes in the walls to allow air in,thankyou all for your interesting comments

ps thier are also gaps which you cannot see,also I have a heater.
as for the electrics I wont be doing anything near it,or hanging anything over it.

Nice work there! I hope you live in a nice neighbourhood. I can only dream of leaving any of my tools in the garden. I was thinking of building a shiplap shed with reinforced ply but those chavs are opportunists and a wooden shed is like an open invite.

I am contemplating on building a blockwork shed over the summer...

:LOL: :LOL: thats what was going through my head when i built my shed so i built it out of concrete blocks and then cladded it with t&g and felted latted and tiled the roof and inside screwed them 8' x 2' floor boards to the roof trusses but no doubt some chav will get in one day.

btw very nice and neat job

hello leeco,in reference to your comment about thieves,for a start I have security lighting,in fact my backyard lights up like wembly,also their is the small matter of an alsation built like a **** house and cameras so I think im well protected,also everything is insured got all the serials from power tools so,I can safely say I can sleep sound.

ps///the dog has lovely teeth and big ears. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back