Pointing the Bricks on an Outside Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The previous owners of my 1884 terraced house painted the outside rear six-inch thick non-cavity wall (all two floors of it), and eight years later some damp has got through the wall and lightly stained the inside wall, about eight feet up, near the ceiling over an area of one foot by one foot. Some of the paint is flaking off on the outside at the same level as where the damp patch is on the inside of the wall and I have been able to scrape off some of the loose pointing between the bricks, so feel that rain has managed to get through this damaged area of pointing. I envisage having to get it re-done for an area of about 8 feet by 8 feet. 1) Any clues to how long this would take a professional to do (as opposed to me who does not have a clue)? 2) I presume the outside wall will be damp, so should I leave this job until the weather warms up a bit? 3) Will it be pricey?

Sponsored Links
i would allow 1 day for a job such as that, and wouldnt imagine it should cost you any more than £200-£300.
the weather is improving by the day so you could probably tackle it the end of the month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back