garage wall project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a WC in the integral garage off the kitchen. I need to build a wall that crosses the garage. I know about the fire regs but not about the thermal regs.

What do you advise for the building of this wall. It remains wholly inside the garage and the outside of the wall remains inside the garage too. I wish to use stud timber frame rather than block.

Who can spec the wall? Thickness and grade / thickness of Kingspan etc so it keeps the BCO happy?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A little over a year ago (December '07) we partitioned off part of a garage to incorporate a loo. This habitable 'cell' was created using 100mm x 50mm upright studs will 100mm celotex insulation sandwiched between and 12.5mm skimmed plasterboard each side.

It may have increased to 125mm celotex since then but you need to check.

The floor was made up with plain concrete, no insulation, as the thermal difference it would have made was negligible for such a small area of floor.

the garage side was boarded with fireline plasterboard, though regular 12.5mm board and skim will probably satisfy minimum reg's requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back