swapping imperial for metric radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone any ideas if this is straight forward?

Pipework is ols half inch imperial but valves are jammed shut and need swapping

I have heard of "green rings", is this some conversion olive?

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
half inch and 15mm are almost identical your new olives will be slightly tighter to get on tho. This shouldn't pose a problem as long as whoever orginally fitted the valves wasn't over zealous and crimped the pipe due to over tightening. best bet, buy a tub of laco slick tight, push nut and olive on to the pipe and give it a smear all round the olive with this stuff. Its magic :)

half inch and 15mm are almost identical your new olives will be slightly tighter to get on tho. This shouldn't pose a problem as long as whoever orginally fitted the valves wasn't over zealous and crimped the pipe due to over tightening. best bet, buy a tub of laco slick tight, push nut and olive on to the pipe and give it a smear all round the olive with this stuff. Its magic :)

Where can I get this stuff from?

most decent plumbers merchants. Plumb Center, PTS. i think pts's version is called tplus 2. its basically a jointing paste that has p.t.f.e in it as well.

Sponsored Links
most decent plumbers merchants. Plumb Center, PTS. i think pts's version is called tplus 2. its basically a jointing paste that has p.t.f.e in it as well.

Tried everywhere today and can't get the stuff-PTS had never even heard of it and couldn't find it on their system,

any numbers of places to try,

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back