Internal pine door vertical cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to install an interior solid pine door but rather than a standard install I want to cut it straight down the middle (vertically) french door style. I have a decent circular saw but am concerned that I may destroy the door if I do it.

Have looked around a couple of shops but can only find the bi-folding doors which I don't want. Does anyone know of a supplier or advice on cutting the door?

Sponsored Links
not a good idea at all
you will have a minimum of 5 seperate parts along the cut edge giving a weak edge
you will expose all the mortice and tennons in the centre off the door

what you can do is get a door 3" narrower than what you need edge with 2x2" planed [44x44mm] screwed and glued with the screws countersunk at least 13mm then trimmed to fit

this will still look odd particularly at the top and bottom but at least will replace most off the strength lost and hide the various joins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back