Cistern - dual flush button - I cannot get the top off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gala dual flush loo with the push button on the top. The water is running all the time through the pipes and some is running straight down the sides of the pan - but the cistern does not fill or flush.

I feel that the ball cock or valve needs some attention but I cannot get the top off due to the dual flush push button.

CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE....................
fixergirl

Sponsored Links
The dual flush buttons on the top are in an outer ring. The outer ring needs to be unscrewed to allow the top to come of. It may be difficult to get a grip on the outer ring if it is shiney, best to put some rubber gloves on, pres down on the ring and turn at the same time.

The dual flush buttons on the top are in an outer ring. The outer ring needs to be unscrewed to allow the top to come of. It may be difficult to get a grip on the outer ring if it is shiney, best to put some rubber gloves on, pres down on the ring and turn at the same time.

not always BJ some are a single screw in the fitting accessed by removing the buttons - press down 1 button and gently remove the other button then remove 1st button look inside and theres your screw

hope one of these helps you OP

I have a Gala dual flush loo with the push button on the top. The water is running all the time through the pipes and some is running straight down the sides of the pan - but the cistern does not fill or flush.

I feel that the ball cock or valve needs some attention but I cannot get the top off due to the dual flush push button.

CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE....................
fixergirl

Thank you, I will try this. Next time I buy a house, I will check what sort of cistern has been installed before I buy.
fixergirl

Sponsored Links

Thank you for your help - I will try this.

not always BJ some are a single screw in the fitting accessed by removing the buttons - press down 1 button and gently remove the other button then remove 1st button look inside and theres your screw

hope one of these helps you OP

Thank you for your help - I will try this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back