BOSCH MAXX drum not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch Maxx will not spin, the belt is on and looks ok. I can hear the front panel clicking as though it is trying to send the message to somewhere in the machine for the drum to spin. It fills with water and drains ok.
Does anyone have any ideas on why it won't spin ?

Thanks for any info given.

Rich

Sponsored Links
check the carbon brushes in the motor if less than 10mm then change

you could take of the belt and put it on spin , if the motor rotates the it could be the capacitor or the motor simply too low on strength

need to narrow it down by checking each part

Queery

Motor Capacitor on a 'Brushed Motor on a Bosch Washer'

Cant recall seeing one

The symptoms are quite indicative of worn brushes though (although occasionally with bosch motors the brush holders accumulate carbon dust preventing the carbon brush from moving freely in the holder)

Generally with worn brushes it stops spinning corectly, then does not spin eventually does not agitate during wash either

If it gets bad it can damage the motor

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, however I have seen where the motor is, it's located at the bottom of the washing machine. How do you go about adjusting /changing the brushes or more to the point the motor. I have tilted the machine forward but it really does look difficult to undo the two bolts which appear to hold the motor in place, especially with the tension on the belt, which would obviously have to come off first ? or is it quite easy ?

Regards

Rich

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 am Post Subject: If it wont spin, change your brushes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had the same problem. Easy to fix. Take the back off the machine and undo the 2 bolts that hold the motor in place. Slide the motor off the fittings and remove the electrical terminal and the earth wire ( these both just pull out). You can now take the motor out and get to the brushes. There is one either side of the motor. Pull the wire off each brush and remove the spring. The brush will come out with the spring. Getting the new ones in can be a bit fiddly, but the £12 I paid for the brushes is better than £170 for a new motor.

Thanks for all the help, I replaced the brushes, they were worn down to a little stump, fitted the new ones at a cost of £5.89 for a pack of two and £3.95 postage from eSpares and as I type this reply my machine is happily spinning again. This almost cost me £400 + for a new machine my wife was about to buy. Phew. Thanks for your reply rocks1, I followed your instructions.

Regards

Rich

Guys - i know this thread is 10yrs old but i have followed it by replacing the brushes on the motor.

Here`s the issue I`m facing on my BOSCH MAXX CLASSIC Washing Machine :

1) Drum is not spinning
2) Found a post here about brush replacement - done that - still nothing.
I can hear the click and see a little motor movement for half a second and that`s it.

is it the motor or panel? Where to continue the investigation?

Belt is OK \ Water is draining out OK \ Motor is spinning by hand

Thanks a lot for any help

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back