Bath support "W" type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I would save £££ buy buying a "new without tags" bath on a auction website. I`m now stuck with a few questions. Firstly I have never fitted a bath before. I have read some of the questions on the forums and found all the answers except one. The bath came with no instructions. The bath is supplied with the supports that fit underneath. The two supports look like "W" type. Do they simply screw into the thick board underneath of the bath? Except for the battens are these the only support for the bath? Your advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Except for the battens are these the only support for the bath?
Do you mean home made battens that you are going to fix to the walls ? or do you mean the pre-fitted battens that run all the way around the top of the bath under the lip ?
Firstly, back to the W shape supports, yes, these are normally the only fixings that come with a bath. The bottom of the W sit on the floor, the middle usually is screwed into the stiffening board running under and the length of the bath and obviously with screw lengths that will not penetrate the bath, and the top of the W fix to the pre-fitted batten under the top lip of the bath.
What I always do is get the bath seated properly and level on these W fixings, then where the bath is up against any walls, fix my own battens to the wall under the top lip of the bath so that the weight of water and person will be shared on these battens. Fill the bath to check that and adjust the feet on the W fixings as needed to ensure the weight is shared.

Great thanks for your advice. I will fix my own battens to the wall for extra support. Only thing I dont have is the adjusting feet. Can I buy them from DIY store?

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get the feet from DIY store, if you have not got the feet I will assume you have not got the screws for the 'W' shaped brackets, as breifly mentioned above you need to make sure the screws are exactly the required length or you will either go through the bath or they wont be long enough to go in to the board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back