Fernox Leak Sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again everyone.

Quick question for you... I put some Fernox leak sealer into a open vented system yesterday as there was a pinhole in a radiator pipe, the pipe couldn't be replaced as it was laminate floor with concrete underneath.

The fernox seemed to fix the problem luckily - I was just wondering, if the system is ever drained in the future, will i have to add the leak sealer again, or once it's worked is that it??

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

David.

Sponsored Links
I would ask the manufacturer on this one but I personally would look at replacing the rad as one pin hole of rust will mean another.

You are only buying time with leak sealer IMHO. :cry:

Thanks for the reply.

It's not the rad that has a pinhole in, it's the pipe - there's a kink where it comes out of the concrete floor and that's where it was leaking from.

To replace the pipe, i would have to lift the laminate floor, then chisel away at the concrete. Otherwise, i would have replaced the pipe straight away.

David.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back