Noisy Bosch washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch WFF1201 has just developed a loud scraping noise throughout the cycle when the cylinder turns. I turned it by hand and clockwise it sounds scraping and anti clockwise it feels as though something is catching. Is it worth having it mended or should I buy a new one?

Sponsored Links
sounds like the "favorite" bra wire is stuck. run your hand around the inside of the drum and feel if you can find it

Thanks so much, checked the washing and one is missing so now I have to try to find it, you are a genius, if I can't find it my son is coming tomorrow and I will get him on the mission. thanks again Jo

good luck, i used to repair w/m and only ever managed to do that once, usually i take the pump off and go in that way, but then it wasnt a bosch

Sponsored Links
Thanks, the end is sticking through one of the holes in the cylinder so hopefully we will be able to "persuade" it gently to come out. Thank you again

Jo

Thanks I will tomorrow as I don't have a pair in my toolbox, though after today I will certainly buy some.

Thanks again for the advice

Jo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back