seperate cooker, electric hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im installing a cooker with seperate hob i have a 6mm cable from cu to the cooker ccu, im planning to run a 6mm cable from this too a cooker connection plate connect the hob up from here and then run another 6mm cable from the connection plate to a single socket for the cooker to be connected too so that both hob and cooker can be switched via the main cooker switch but the cooker will have the lower protection it needs, does this sound right?

Sponsored Links
oven - a heated box for baking pies and cakes

hob - a flat surface with heating devices for heating pans.

cooker - an all in one jobby with both of the above . . .

sorry oven with seperate hob does what iv stated sound right for this, thinking i could do away with plug on oven alltoghther and just use a fused spur?

Yes a fused spur would be "neater". Your plan sounds fine.

Bear in mind in England and Wales Part P of the building regs affects this work. Search this forum or google for info.

Sponsored Links
further to my questions i may be adding a double oven most of which need a 20a supply so therefore the oven would need its own dedicated supply?

It depends:

What is the existing 6mm supply fused at

What is the rating of the oven
What is the rating of the hob
What type of hob is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back