Indesit WI 101 washing machine wont stop filling??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

this is my first post here, but looks a great web site with some great advice.

Im looking for some help please. We have a Indesit WI 101 washing machine, and it wont stop filling up. I had it all apart last night, testing as much as posible. I had the water valves off and they are fine, open and close easy, But once i put it on a cycle, it starts to fill drum as normal and contuines to fill as it continues its cycle.

Would this be the main PCB board? If so is it possible to fix it yourself? as i have some good Electronics guys at work.

Many thanks for any help??

Sponsored Links
check presure pipe on side of mc .its come away from the switch.

under the lid on the right hand side of the cabinet a round plastic thing with a plastic tube running to the botton .the tube has poss disconnected from the switch .

Sponsored Links
under the lid on the right hand side of the cabinet a round plastic thing with a plastic tube running to the botton .the tube has poss disconnected from the switch .

Thats great, thank you, i shall have a look tonight. I shall report back tomorrow.

cheers :D

i tested it tonight, i took the pipe off and when it was on i blow down the pipe. Both cold water valves wont shut off, but the hot water valve did.

Is this looking like a main PCB problem? or are the cold water valves faulty?

intresting what pipe did you blow down the one on the presure switch or the one on the valves

the long pipe on the pressure switch. when you blow down it, you can hear it click. when it clicked, it turned the hot water valve off, but not the cold water ones.

that means cold valve o/c needs replaceing .swap valves / hoses round to be sure .

that means cold valve o/c needs replaceing .swap valves / hoses round to be sure .

Yep, just tryed swaping wires around on the valves, i put the wire that would normaly be connected to the cold water vale, onto the hot water one, and the hot water valve wont switch off now.

it sounds like the worst case, PCB failure :(

i just had a thought, i know the hot water valve wire is working, if i leave this on the cold water side and leave the hot water one off. could i use the machine for a while? it has a 30 deg setting, so does this mean it will have a heater built into it to warm water up? And there would be no need for the hot water to work?

that means the clothes will come out of rinse in hot water and poss shrink yes the mc has a heater built in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back