chimmney smoke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive just built a coal fire in my lounge but the first time i lit it i got smoke coming into the back bedroom from the chimney brest :cry: :cry: but nothing in the front bedroom got a builder round told me to reopen the vents in bothrooms ive done this and cured the smoke problem in the back bedroom but now ive got smoke in front bedroom but if i open the window it stops its as if the smoke goes out one chimmney and down the other :confused: :confused: can i cap them off PLEASE HELP A PI---D OFF BLOKE!!!

Sponsored Links
You must have some air leaks in the flue from your lounge. You might need to get the flue re-lined.

Has there been a gas fire in the lounge at some point? I believe gas fumes can eat away the mortar joints in the flue, this often manifests itself when a solid fuel fire replaces a gas appliance. Think its been known in semi's with flues built into party wall for smoke to enter the neighbours flue and/or house! As said, line chimney, problem should be cured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back