Fitting instructions for a new pcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does a pcb come with fitting instructions to show how to set various things. My turbomax boiler has had a new Gas valve and PCB. I dont think it has been set correctly.

Sponsored Links
then you should call back the person who diagnosed and fitted it! clearly from your posts your boiler has possibly been installed badly, and secondly been worked on by a cowboy! Whats actually the problem which makes you think its fitted wrong?? There's not much to set on the PCBs on these boilers. You can range rate it and set the anti cycle time on the control board. Also there is a setting for the pump Mode, which should normally be fitted as SI. These settings however are usually factory set and don't require manual alteration.

The previous owners had a new PCB, gas valve and diverter fitted after the boiler stopped working after a routine service in Jan 2007. The digital 'part load' setting is still at zero. I am having someone to come and look at it but i like to know the answers myself.
As you may have guessed, im getting a little frustrated with it! :mad:

The digital 'part load' setting is still at zero
ok I may have your boiler confused. I had assumed you had the older VUW turbmax when in fact you have to newer plus/pro version. What do ou mean by the above comment? There is a link on the top left of pcb which needs to be set depending on the gas valve in use. If its a honeywell gas valve it needs fitting on pins 1&2. on SIT valve 2&3

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. i will check. According to the commisioning instructions you have to press 'i' and '+', set 'd.0' so the valve gives you the correct gas pressure. This value is still set to 0. This leads me to think that the board has not been set properly.
Once the diverter valve has moved and the motor stalls, it makes a grumbling noise! The above reason makes me wonder if there are certain settings for the diverter valve as there are adjustment pots near the jumpers you mentioned. Hope you can now understand my questioning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back