Petrol Hedge Trimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a petrol hedge trimmer and the instructions state that I have to prime the carburrettor by pushing the primer bulb 10 times but not fuel seems to flow - we have had the hedge trimmer for a while but never used it - any advice

Model Performance Power PWR24cchta

Sponsored Links
10 times seems like far too many. Check the fuel line at the carburettor end to see if there is fuel flowing to it. Next check the plug to see if it is sparking and if is wet after repeated starting attempts i.e. more than 5 or 6. If its sparking ok you'll need to check the carb properly but If you are not sure how to do this try and enlist a friend who does

Mine is 10 times too, so that'll be right enough. Pump it until the bulb is full of fuel even if that means 100 times.

Sponsored Links
Excess priming only returns fuel back to the tank.....check that the fuel pick up pipe is actually within the fuel ( a common occurrence is that it can float free). If the bulb won't fill, the carburettor has a sticking diaphragm 'flap valve' which will need investigating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back