bathstore toilet and cistern problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently purchased 3 toilets from Bathstore...all have Geberit internals pre installed...have fitted first one no probs, second one in bathroom, all connected up cistern fills with water, feed valve shuts off OK, but I have water running into pan constantly ! Not down the internal overflow pipe either...its like the rubber seal ring on flush valve is letting water pass somehow ? Have taken the unit from new (yet to be installed) 3rd cistern and tried that with the same result :?:

Any thoughts or ideas please....thanks

Sponsored Links
Maybe the washer were the syphon has been screwed to the bottom of the cistern hasn't created a good enough seal.

Take the cistern off, from underneath make sure the washer is covering the full diameter of the hole and the nut is tight enough.

yes good point...I had considered that to be honest...the other thing I was gonna try was to replace the whole cistern with the 3rd one, which is destined for the en-suite if ya know what I mean...
All the internals are pre - installed, but I did check them all for tightness etc...seemed OK. But summat is clearly not right somewhere...will keep ya posted...thanks for response tho ;)

Hi
Certain older Geberit flush valves could be detached from the base nut without the need to dismantle. They had tabs either side low down. Check if this is still so before taking completely to bits.
Check the 3rd one over the bath prior to install.

HTH

Sponsored Links
Recently purchased 3 toilets from Bathstore...all have Geberit internals pre installed...have fitted first one no probs, second one in bathroom, all connected up cistern fills with water, feed valve shuts off OK, but I have water running into pan constantly ! Not down the internal overflow pipe either...its like the rubber seal ring on flush valve is letting water pass somehow ? Have taken the unit from new (yet to be installed) 3rd cistern and tried that with the same result :?:

Any thoughts or ideas please....thanks

take them back or get them to fix them on site :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back